Playground Ideas, and our in-country partner organisations, commit to zero tolerance towards child abuse while implementing our work .
We will therefore:
- Treat all children everywhere with respect, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, social status or political persuasion
- Refrain from using language or behaviour towards children that is demeaning, harassing, culturally inappropriate or sexually provocative
- Never engage children in any form of sexual activity or act
- Interact with children in such a way so as to facilitate transparency and accountability to other adults
- Appoint teams rather than individuals to work with unaccompanied children
- Refrain from physical punishment or discipline of children in the course of rendering aid
- Not hire children for domestic tasks or other labour inappropriate for their developmental stage, which places them at risk of injury or prevents them from accessing education
- Comply with all relevant Australian and local legislation, including labour laws in relation to child labour
- Immediately report and investigate any concerns/allegations of child abuse with appropriate procedures
- Appropriately use technology around children, including computers, mobile phones, video and cameras, and never engage in exploitative, harassing or pornographic activities
- Comply with local traditions and cultural expectations when photographing/ filming children
- Ensure all images present children in a dignified and respectful manner, adequately clothed and not in sexually-suggestive poses
- Not use images in such a way as to reveal identifying information about the child
- Ensure all images are honest representations of the context and facts.